Thursday, February 26, 2009

FIRST FAMILY ACTIVITY

For this family exercise, I want each of the families to discuss how any THREE of those ten propositions about society I handed out a couple weeks ago relate -- either positively or negatively -- to the authors' analysis of the ideas of Spencer and Sumner in Chapter 3.

Also, I want each family to identify what you believe is the most relevant and least relevant aspect of Spencer and Sumner for understanding modern society.

Each family will prepare a brief one to two-page summary of your findings, which a designated spokesperson will present to the class next week THURSDAY, 3/5.

This exercise is worth 6 points. You must participate to earn the points. I will also award 3 bonus points to the family which does the best job in my estimation. I will post that family's summary on the blog along with some of my own comments, which will be the basis for whatever questions I may ask on the midterm about Chapter 3.

No comments: